Building Performance Analysis
When Grumman|Butkus was launched in 1973, energy studies were the first service we offered.
Today, we still provide diverse facility analysis services to help owners make the most of their buildings: reducing energy use, cutting costs, and dialing down greenhouse gas emissions.
Expert Investigations, Expert Advice
Our eco-conscious MEP engineers will dig deep to uncover key information about the service life and operational status of your building equipment and systems.
Then, we’ll help you find the best options for creating a more efficient, economical, sustainable facility.
MEP Assessment and Study Services:
- Asset condition evaluations and infrastructure report cards
- Infrastructure master plans and capital planning
- System-level evaluations
- HVAC system comparisons
- Heating/cooling load calculations
- Troubleshooting and forensic investigations of building system problems
- Indoor air quality investigations
- Building pressurization analysis
- Economic studies
- Arc flash/coordination studies
- Short circuit and coordination studies and breaker checks
- Legionella assessment/mitigation
- Life cycle cost analysis
- EPA emissions reporting
Energy Assessment and Study Services:
- Corporate and facility sustainability programs
- Benchmarking (energy, water, CO2)
- Energy studies and audits (including ASHRAE Level 1, 2, and 3 audits)
- Energy modeling
- Energy procurement analysis
- Energy consumption and bill analysis (including our Energy Sumo® dashboard)
- Decarbonization and electrification analysis
- ENERGY STAR calculations
- LEED and Green Globes services
- Monitoring-based commissioning
- Building analytics implementation (fault detection and diagnostics)
- Energy/sustainability regulation compliance services
- Feasibility analyses for solar photovoltaics, combined heat and power, energy storage, and other green alternatives
GBA provides in-depth analysis and insights to ensure that all aspects of the project are accounted for.
“Their thoroughness is simply unparalleled, leaving no stone unturned in their quest for excellence. Every aspect of the project meets the highest standards.”
– Jeffrey Manders, VP, Global Project Lead. JLL
Achieve Persistent Savings
Leverage the power of your BAS.
GBA works with fault detection software from all the major providers to provide monitoring-based commissioning that helps ensure persistent facility performance. Our own Trend Sumo® analytics platform continuously reviews HVAC system operations. Experienced engineers then comb the data to uncover inefficiencies and find options for improvement.
Understand Your Consumption
Visualize usage patterns with Energy Sumo.
GBA has a long history of helping clients mine their energy bills for key data. Our Energy Sumo® visualization tool helps you instantly review energy consumption data across an entire portfolio, comparing usage benchmarks and identifying buildings with the greatest opportunity for savings. Single-building views reveal trends in monthly usage compared to history and a baseline model, documenting performance over time. Already using ENERGY STAR’s Portfolio Manager? We can easily integrate your data.
Your Partner in Implementation
We don’t just suggest improvements. We help you make them happen.
As a full-service MEP firm, GBA can design the fixes and upgrades suggested through our studies, audits, and retro- and monitoring-based commissioning. From planning through construction administration, we’re ready to help, including strategies for keeping your facility running smoothly during each project. We can even suggest financing options, from utility company incentives to tax-advantaged programs.
“The consulting engineering profession relies on qualified people making informed decisions based on available data and best practices. The collective experience, quality, and background of the engineers at Grumman|Butkus Associates provides an excellent source of confidence for clients.”
– Eric Rosenberg, Associate
Powerful Results from Analytical Projects
Sustainable systems you can depend on.