Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts
GBA helped this hospitality firm take a close look at its North American properties, revealing high potential for energy savings.
GBA’s benchmarking scope for 33 Four Seasons properties included:
- Sending facility questionnaires and data requests to each hotel.
- Collecting utility data into a benchmarking spreadsheet and uploading to ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager. Results helped the client prioritize facility audits.
- Providing energy and water performance benchmarking for all properties, allowing for comparison by location or other relevant parameters.
- Setting up a custom on-line dashboard to house the energy audits and action plans. This site helps the client track follow-up and compliance with recommended energy conservation measures
GBA performed energy audits for 19 hotels, including:
- Conducting site visits (meeting hotel staff, reviewing benchmarking results, surveying the facility, reviewing drawings and other documents, debriefing staff on preliminary findings).
- Examining plans, specifications, utility usage data, temperature control diagrams, shop drawings, test and balance reports, and equipment lists.
- Surveying occupied areas to identify major energy-consuming systems, and inspecting mechanical/electrical rooms to collect energy-use data.
- Issuing written reports, including usage analysis (including energy use intensity); trends analysis of utility bills; utility cost index ($/square foot or $/room/month basis); comparison of performance to other similar Four Seasons hotels; and analysis of systems operations and design, including potential O&M improvements.
Energy conservation measures (ECMs) were provided for each audited facility:
- Parameters identified for each recommended ECM included annual cost savings, potential utility incentives, simple payback, project cost, and other data to help the client prioritize
- A sampling of high-return, short-payback recommendations for individual properties includes the measures below.