GBA’s services included the following:
- Performing an energy simulation during schematic design to optimize the selection of energy-consuming systems based on life cycle.
- Observing construction and directing functional performance tests.
- Verifying that systems were installed in accordance with design documents.
- Providing regular tracking and resolution of commissioning issues, including deficiencies in the design, construction, and operation of equipment.
- Verifying that operation and maintenance personnel and occupants were properly trained.
- Retaining an independent contractor to provide balancing checks of air and water systems.
Since completion, GBA has provided ongoing engineering services for several replacement and repair projects, including a chiller replacement, pressure reducing valve troubleshooting, and sanitary waste and vent piping replacement.