Penicillin manufacturing is one of the key capabilities of the Baxter Round Lake campus. GBA designed an addition to the site’s existing Penicillin Building, with the goal of supporting a new -25°C freezer, a +5°C shipping dock, and a boiler room expansion.
- An insulated panel system for the freezer portion of the project was provided, as well as under-slab insulation.
- HVAC scope included new heating and code-approved ventilation in non-freezer sections of the addition, and new forced air underfloor heating for the freezer.
- Plumbing scope included new stormwater drains and piping, and new sanitary drains and piping. Both entailed work below the existing slab.
- For fire protection, GBA designed a new wet pipe sprinkler system (above and below the freezer as well as in non-freezer sections of the addition).
- Also required was a new dry pipe, in-rack sprinkler system for the freezer.
- General electrical distribution, lighting, communications, life safety, and alarm work rounded out the project.