GBA is working with real estate developer Lam Group in commissioning and retro-commissioning multiple hotels in metropolitan New York, including:
- Four Points by Sheraton New York Downtown, 6 Platt Street. Commissioning for a 27-story, 263-room hotel in a newly constructed 120,574-square-foot building in the Financial District.
- Virgin Hotel, 1227 Broadway. Commissioning for a 37-story, high-end Manhattan hotel with retail space, encompassing about 360,000 square feet.
- Hotel Indigo, Brooklyn. Troubleshooting and existing building commissioning for a 110,000-square-foot, 22-story, 170-room hotel. The building had been open for about six years when GBA was retained to assist in solving problems with the hotel’s domestic hot water system.
- Sheraton Brooklyn New York Hotel, Brooklyn. Retro-commissioning of a 25-story, 321-room hotel that had been open for five years. Issues identified through investigation included problems with the sanitary ejector pumping system, laundry floor drain ejector pumping system, domestic water duplex booster pumps, guest room heating and cooling, domestic hot water
heating, and overall building heating and cooling systems.
- Marriott Hotel, 215 Pearl Street. This new 39-story building is occupied by a Residence Inn (upper floors, 120 rooms) and a Courtyard by Marriott (lower floors, 200 rooms). The scope reflects a blend of LEED Fundamental and Enhanced commissioning tasks.