- Initially GBA assisted this client with a preliminary due diligence and scoping project regarding potential costs of infrastructure upgrades.
- Existing guest room HVAC systems were through-the-wall, air-cooled heat pumps that were not compatible with new branding requirements.
- Life cycle cost analysis was used to compare various guest room HVAC options, including two-pipe fan coils with electric heat, four-pipe fan coils, and water source heat pumps.
- A water source heat pump system was selected, and new vertical units were installed in each guest room. Fluid coolers, pumps, and heating boilers were installed on the roof. Heat pumps and fluid coolers were pre-purchased.
- The project also included replacement of corridor make-up air units, increasing air flow to provide a positively pressurized building (the original design was negative).