To improve guest experiences and facility reliability, Hyatt retained GBA to design upgrades to the HVAC system in the recently acquired hotel.
Guestrooms and guest elevator lobbies are conditioned by nearly 600 four-pipe vertical stack fan coil units, controlled by digital thermostats. The fan coils range in size from 300 to 800 cfm.
Project scope included:
- Cleaning and disinfecting the heating and cooling coils.
- Reconditioning the fan assemblies, including cleaning and disinfecting of the fan wheel and housing.
- Reconditioning the drain pans, including cleaning and disinfecting; epoxy coating and sealing; and cleaning and disinfecting the p-traps and drain lines from drain pans to drain risers.
- Testing and commissioning each unit, including measuring the coil temperature (before and after coil cleaning); programming ECM motors at all operating speeds; and providing airflow testing to document performance.
- If deemed necessary on inspection, fan motors and control valve actuators were also replaced.