- GBA identified 23 recommended energy conservation measures, totaling $445,000 in annual utility savings with a combined simple payback of three years. Projected achievable savings represented approximately a 21% reduction in utility costs.
- A total capital expenditure of $1.32 million was identified as being required to address the client’s energy conservation, cost management, and environmental stewardship goals.
- Recommended projects included controls modifications; conversions from constant air volume to variable air volume; implementation of variable volume kitchen hood exhaust and makeup air; toilet exhaust recirculation and heat recovery; installation of a hydronic economizer; pumping modifications; heat recovery for laundry wastewater and kitchen refrigeration; and lighting modifications.
- GBA has since designed several projects for the facility, including air-handing unit replacements, fitness center HVAC modifications, and guestroom renovations.
- Multiple additional studies have been conducted, including an ASHRAE Level 2 energy audit.