Formerly part of the Classic Residence by Hyatt group, Vi at Lakeside Village was originally opened in 1996. Grumman|Butkus replaced the diesel-fueled emergency generator for the independent living building with new equipment that is powered by natural gas.
The generator serves existing emergency power loads, as well as the building’s air conditioning, kitchen equipment, dining rooms, and common areas.
GBA’s engineering design services included:
- Demolition of systems associated with the existing 400kW outdoor diesel generator, including an existing fuel oil system and tanks.
- New natural gas piping for the new 1000kW/1250kVA natural gas generator.
- Disconnection and removal of the existing outdoor diesel generator.
- Revision of electrical distribution as required.
- Installation of a new outdoor natural gas generator.
- Installation of new automatic transfer switches as required to accommodate life safety separation.
- Creation of a new electrical room to accommodate new transfer switches and associated electrical panels.
GBA designed the project and helped the client find appropriate installation contractors, review bids, and coordinate construction. The company also identified and managed necessary architectural and civil and structural engineering subcontractors.