About 75,000 family members, including children with differing abilities, participate in programs offered through the Growing Garden. This support pavilion opened in 2012, serving as an adjunct to a pair of outdoor garden classrooms.
- A small solar domestic water heating system not only provides domestic hot water but is also used to teach visitors about sustainable design.
- The plumbing design was customized for children’s safety and convenience.
- A playground hand-type water pump was designed for interactive children’s play and learning.
- The maintenance building is heated with a small, inexpensive electric system. No air conditioning was provided.
- Systems were designed for winter season shutdown, freeze prevention, and maintenance shut down/drain.