This retro-commissioning project for a 339-bed regional care hospital was awarded a $50,176 incentive through Ameren’s ActOnEnergy Healthcare Retro-Commissioning Incentive Program.
Retro-commissioned systems included:
- Cooling plant, including chillers, cooling towers, and pumps.
- Boiler plant, including boilers and pumps.
- Energy management control systems.
- Air-handling units and exhaust fans.
- Variable air volume (VAV) and constant air volume (CAV) terminal units.
Identified projects provided annual savings of $162,407, with a 0.21 year payback, including:
- Economizer optimization.
- Simultaneous heating and cooling remediation.
- Temperature, unoccupied, and static pressure resets.
- Demand-controlled ventilation.
- Humidifier isolation.
- Control optimization for VAV boxes .