- Boiler B-3 was replaced with a new four-pass, 15,000 lb/hr, high-efficiency water-tube boiler.
- The new burners on all three boilers have a high turndown ratio (10:1) and oxygen trim control to maximize combustion efficiency, minimize energy consumption, and reduce carbon emissions.
- All three new burners are the low-NOx type, sharply reducing nitrogen-oxide emissions.
- The upgraded boiler plant has a new computerized burner management system and can be remotely monitored from the hospital’s building automation system.
- All three boilers have new automatic surface blowdown controls that reduce chemicals used for boiler water treatment (and corresponding energy losses) and reduce the amount of water used for boiler make-up.