GBA commissioned the mechanical, plumbing, electrical and fire protection systems, including boilers, air-handling units, cooling towers, plate and frame heat exchangers, water source heat pumps, supply and exhaust fans, domestic hot water heaters, and lighting controls, as well as the building automation system for the mechanical equipment.
GBA conducted design reviews of the mechanical, plumbing, electrical, and fire protection systems included in the project. Some of the findings from review included:
- Recommend unit heaters for temperature control at stairwell roof entrance.
- Consider VFD control for new mechanical equipment.
- Provide access panel to allow access to isolation valves above the ceiling.
During construction, GBA performed several site inspections, noting and logging construction issues, such as:
- Duct connection to riser is not an approved breakaway connection.
- Access door for fire damper not installed.
- Sanitary piping obstructing diffuser installation.
LEED certification is pending.
Photos courtesy of The Albanese Organization