GBA commissioned the new equipment provided to support the facility, including mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and fire protection systems. The project was already in the construction phase when the firm was hired.
Issues uncovered and corrected through commissioning, in collaboration with the designers and the installing contractors, included the following:
- Excessive negative pressurization of the autopsy suite when bubble-tight dampers were closed.
- Morgue booster exhaust fan not correctly linked to the fire alarm system.
- Lab chilled water pump variable-frequency drives incorrectly programmed.
- Issues with fire smoke damper installation.
- Radiant cooling panels specified were of lower pressure rating than operating pressure.