Vi at Bentley Village, Emergency Generator
A GBA-designed electrical project adds safety and reliability to this Florida senior living complex.
GBA replaced a small indoor generator that served only life safety loads with an outdoor generator sized to carry the full load for the care center building. The generator serves existing emergency power loads, as well as the building’s air conditioning, kitchen equipment, dining rooms, and common areas.
GBA’s engineering design services included:
- Demolition of systems associated with the existing indoor generator and fuel oil system, including tanks, pumps, controls, and so on.
- Installation of a new fuel oil system, including an above-ground storage tank appropriately sized for the new generator, plus piping, a day tank, and controls.
- Fire protection tasks, including modification of the sprinkler layout in the existing generator room.
- Demolition of the existing generator and installation of a new diesel-fueled generator with factory-installed sound attenuation.
- Installation of a new 480V emergency distribution switchboard in the existing generator room, plus new automatic transfer switches and additional distribution equipment required to serve both the existing life safety loads and non-life safety loads during normal power outages.
GBA designed the project and helped the client find appropriate installation contractors, review bids, and coordinate construction.