What You Will Need to Succeed
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering/ Architectural Engineering (with an appropriate discipline focus) or an appropriate level of experience.
- Mastered the Engineer qualifications plus a minimum of 3 or more years of progressive responsibility.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Registered Professional Engineer preferred.
- Direct and coordinate the work of both Mechanical and Electrical Engineers and Designers.
- Understand the scope of work and ensure the project team is aware of that scope.
- Efficiently prioritize and coordinate multiple competing tasks on multiple projects.
- Coordinate their discipline with the other trades and ensures the engineering systems are coordinated with the architects, utilities and regulatory authorities.
- Develop entire mechanical design incorporating planning, space allocation and engineering based on the required design criteria (with conceptual directions from the project manager).
- Perform field survey work and obtain duct, dimensions/measurements, equipment nameplate data, IAQ parameters, control set points, and equipment operating points via VFD.
- Understand controls and is able to develop control diagram/sequence of operation/point list.
- Basic knowledge of EJCDC and AIA specification front-end documents.
- Participate in the preparations of complete mechanical engineering bidding documents including technical sections of the specifications.
- Review shop drawings and material samples submitted for general conformance with the bidding documents.
- Prepare field observation reports and punch lists.
- Evaluate design and documentation for compliance with the client’s requirements.
- Participate in the development of G/BA’s standard technical procedures and master documents upon request.
- Prepare accurate, well written technical correspondence, field observation reports, and punch lists.
- Participate in the maintenance of the Firm’s master specifications details, procedures, etc.
- Participate in QA/QC peer review of documents as a reviewer providing high quality review comments.
- Commit to a high level of product quality and customer service. Ensure quality of their work and all Engineer work they review prior to submitting it. Consistently produce high quality work, on time and on budget with minimal problems or errors.
- Recognize a potential issue before it occurs, consider the strengths and weaknesses of different solutions, and propose a solution to discuss with the Project Manager. Demonstrate flexibility to consider/implement client’s or team member’s solution.
- Use analytical skills to collect, organize, review, assimilate and interpret information from the team and/or the client. Integrate information from a variety of sources to get to the optimal solution.
- Understand the basics of project plans, keeping project managers informed of issues affecting the quality, schedule and/or budget of the project.
- Operate as a team player, developing positive work relationships and contributing to the group’s efforts to achieve goals. Mentor others in learning new knowledge and skills. Offer feedback and constructive criticism in a timely manner.
- Use superior communication skills to express ideas in a clear, concise, and open manner while actively listening. Effectively present recommendations/proposed solutions to supervisors. Lead efficient client meetings and offer constructive feedback effectively.
- Perform effectively with minimal direction or support. Take initiative in developing and sharing knowledge with others. Generate new, innovative ideas and fresh approaches to develop new possibilities or solutions.
- Present themselves, the firm, and project information professionally with clients, co-workers, and professional organizations. Leads by example, demonstrates leadership, and maintains a professional manner.
- Capable to adapt to new, different, or changing processes, methods, or priorities. Champions change and delivers positive messages to clients and the team.
- Deliver on commitments and uphold the highest level of quality to exceed client expectations. Accepts responsibility for outcomes. Brings critical information to the attention of the Project Manager in a timely manner.
There's a lot of room for professional growth.
“It’s a great work environment, and the company really cares about your development.”
– Alex Patridge, Electrical Engineer