Commissioning Project Manager
Under direct supervision of Principal, Associate, or other assigned supervisor and in collaboration with project team, is responsible for commissioning and retro-commissioning, and the management of teams of M/E/P/FP engineers on two or more projects, including maintaining day-to-day communications with the Client.
What You Will Need to Succeed
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering (or Architectural Engineering with an appropriate discipline focus) from an accredited university or equivalent experience.
- Registered Professional Engineer preferred.
- Demonstrates expert level of knowledge of codes, standards, materials, details, and construction techniques.
- Demonstrates an expert level of knowledge of most HVAC sub-systems, including a working knowledge of temperature controls.
- Understands mechanical, electrical, and control systems.
- Oversees the preparation of construction checklists and functional test procedures and commissioning sections of the specifications.
- Must have intimate familiarity with EJCDC General Conditions, Contracts, Supplemental General Conditions, etc., as well as knowledge of similar AIA documents used in the execution of construction projects.
- Review shop drawings and material samples submitted as required to develop commissioning documents.
- Prepares field observation reports and commissioning issues logs.
- Ability to produce accurate, well written technical correspondence and reports.
- Ability to evaluate design and documentation for compliance with the Owner’s requirements.
- Participates in the development of GBA’s standard technical procedures and master documents.
- Champion high quality engineering services and customer service by addressing client questions and concerns and suggest changes to services based on client feedback.
- Utilize industry best practices, techniques, and standards to draw valid conclusions and apply creative and innovative solutions to complex project challenges while making difficult decisions in a timely manner.
- Determine and define project scope, objectives, milestones, risks and responsibilities; allocating time and resources efficiently and effectively. Monitor progress and make adjustments as needed to ensure project stays on track and within commitments.
- Network and build relationships with clients/potential clients to generate new products/services opportunities and communicate with the appropriate team.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of the clients served, the competitors and opportunities for growth to support the organization’s goals and strategic plan.
- Communicate professionally, confidently, and clearly with clients, vendors, team, etc.; actively listening for understanding.
- Lead change through Identifying new and innovative product development concepts, technologies, techniques, standards, and procedures, while considering potential risks.
- Coach and mentor team by setting clear expectations, providing opportunities for training, recognizing achievement, providing feedback and supporting progressive improvement guidance when necessary.
- Create and maintain an organizational culture where people want to be their best by being a positive role model, sharing responsibility, accountability, recognition, and a sense of urgency towards goals and continuous improvement.
- Manage and monitor processes and people to get things done efficiently and effectively with fewer resources.
The projects I work on are challenging and rewarding.
“Communication between all the disciplines working on a project is a key factor that allows work to be done on time and provides a well-coordinated final product for the client.”
– Janice Warner, Designer