Grumman/Butkus Associates has been nationally recognized for its work, having received Energy Innovation Awards from the United States Department of Energy; regional and international Technology Awards from the American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-conditioning Engineers, Inc. (ASHRAE); and an M/E Engineering Achievement Award from Specifying Engineer magazine. Since 1981, G/BA has also received 75 Excellence in Engineering and Energy Performance awards from the Illinois ASHRAE chapter. In 2010, G/BA received the Lab of the Year award from R&D Magazine. Practice Greenhealth honored the firm with its Champion For Change award in 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016.
G/BA is proud to have recently earned several unique awards:
- In 2010, R&D Magazine named the Daniel F. and Ada L. Rice Plant Conservation Science Center at Chicago Botanic Garden as its Laboratory of the Year; we were honored as a member of the award-winning architectural and MEP design team.
- Every year since 2013, G/BA has received the Champion for Change Award from Practice Greenhealth. The Champion for Change Award is awarded to an organization responsible for “improved environmental performance and promotion of environmentally responsible health care.”
- In 2014, Nexant honored the firm with its RCx Cup Award, recognizing the top energy-saving project verified during 2013-14. Our work at Presence Saint Josph Medical Center, Joliet, resulted in identification of conservation measures that yielded electrical savings of more than 2.167 million kWh and natural gas savings of 445,559 therms, with a short payback period. The changes implemented should save the client more than $330,000 a year, with potential for further savings from identified retro-commissioning measures to be considered for the future.
- In 2014, Hospitality Design magazine honored the Hyatt Regency Chicago lobby renovation project as a finalist in its 2014 design competition (best midscale/economy hotel category). The project, for which G/BA provided MEP services, was one of only three out of 400 entries to be chosen for recognition in the category.
- In 2015, Building Design + Construction magazine honored the Johnson Center for Science and Community at North Park University with a Gold-level Building Team Award. G/BA was the commissioning agent for the project, working with VOA Associates, The Boldt Company, Primera Engineers, and Hill Mechanical, as well as construction manager W.B. Olson.
Download our - Awards List