Argonne National Laboratory
Analytical, Design, Commissioning, and Retro-Commissioning Services - Lemont, IL
GBA has provided analytical, design, commissioning, and retro-commissioning services on an ongoing basis to this 1,500-acre national research laboratory of the U.S. Department of Energy, located in suburban Chicago.
|ASHRAE Illinois Chapter
||Excellence in Engineering Award (Center for Nanoscale Materials)
|ASHRAE Region VI
||Technology Award, First Place (Center for Nanoscale Materials)
GBA has provided both small- and large-scale engineering services for multiple buildings on the ANL campus, including engineering design for the $26 million, 75,000-square-foot Center for Nanoscale Materials. The CNM, which was certified LEED Silver, includes Class 100 and Class 1000 cleanrooms; wet, dry, and bio laboratories; and offices and support functions, including a computer room.
In collaboration with architectural partner Studio GC (prime on these projects), GBA has done numerous other commissioning and design projects at ANL within the past five years. These include:
- Clean Room Expansion Project, Commissioning: Commissioning for a 10,000-square-foot, two-story addition to the CNM, including a Class 100 clean room and associated support spaces.
- Enterprise Data Center (Building 386): Commissioning for a new 12,000-square-foot data center.
- Building 437 LOM Interior Build-Out.
- Building 203 R-Wing Sanitary Drain Replacement.
- Building 201 MELEV-N1 Elevator Replacement.
- Building 360 Restroom Renovation.
- Building 202 First-Floor Core Restroom Renovation.
- Building 205 Dry Room Renovation.
- Battery Testing Lab.
- Building 203 Chilled Water Modifications.
In addition to projects with Studio GC, GBA’s projects in the past decade directly contracted to ANL include:
- Campuswide Retro-Commissioning Plan: Multi-year phased initiative. G/BA engineers are working collaboratively with the ANL facilities staff to plan and implement retro-commissioning for the laboratory’s top 40 utility-consuming buildings.
- 200 Complex Cooling Systems Master Plan.
- Energy Audits using thermal imaging.
- Building 437 Energy Modeling.
- Building 435 Energy Modeling.
- Photometric Study of the Advanced Photon Source.
- “Guiding Principles for High Performance and Sustainable Buildings” Compliance Assistance.