Energy Studies - Evanston, IL
G/BA conducted energy audits for 19 buildings on Northwestern University’s campus, including some of the largest energy users.
The buildings used a combined 112 million kWh per year and 1,480,000 klbs of steam. Savings identified by our analysis included 30 million kWh of electricity and 200,000 klbs of steam.
Energy auditing tasks included:
- Managing the project for an involved client.
- Gathering resources from the university central storage system, project managers, and facilities staff.
- Setting goals and performing benchmarking for each building, based on the usage type and current performance.
- Surveying the spaces.
- Reviewing trend data from the BAS
- Taking measurements with data loggers and portable instruments.
- Developing energy conservation measures.
- For each energy conservation measure identified, calculating energy savings and estimating probable project costs.
- Presenting findings in a report.