Vi at Palo Alto
Building Systems Commissioning - Palo Alto, CA
G/BA provided commissioning with a focus on the mechanical, electrical, plumbing and fire protection systems for the newly constructed 815,000-square-foot senior living facility. The community includes independent living units; a Commons Building with meeting rooms, dining facilities, library, activity rooms, and administrative areas; and a health center with assisted living units, skilled nursing units and memory support areas.
G/BA's services included:
- Performing an energy simulation during schematic design to optimize selection of energy-consuming systems based on life cycle.
- Observing construction and directing functional performance tests.
- Verifying that systems were installed in accordance with design documents.
- Providing regular tracking and resolution of commissioning issues, including deficiencies in the design, construction, and operation of equipment.
- Verifying that operation and maintenance personnel and occupants were properly trained.
- Retaininhg an independent contractor to provide balancing checks of air and water systems.