Northwestern Lake Forest Hospital - Grayslake Campus
Ambulatory Surgery and Cancer Care Center, Commissioning - Grayslake, IL
Commissioning of mechanical and electrical systems for an ambulatory surgery and cancer care addition to Lake Forest Hospital’s Grayslake campus. The $50 million addition/renovation project encompassed 60,000 square feet and has been LEED certified.
G/BA provided design-phase reviews of design development and construction documents.
Functional performance testing included the following systems:
- New air-handling units utilizing fan wall technology
- Exhaust fans
- Integrated new and existing central cooling plant, including chillers, cooling towers, and chilled and condenser water pumps
- Integrated new and existing heating plant, including a high-efficiency condensing boiler, a dual-fuel boiler, and multiple gas-fired boilers and heating pumps
- Terminal equipment, including radiant panels, cabinet and unit heaters, VAV boxes and CAV boxes
- New operating rooms including pressurization controls
- New linear accelerator and computed axial tomography (CT) scanning process cooling equipment and controls
- Domestic hot water systems
- Lighting control systems
- Auxiliary systems, including audio paging, fire alarm, security and nurse call
- Normal power failure test to verify that all systems, including the emergency generator and its supporting systems, emergency lighting, and HVAC systems, operate per the design intent upon failure of normal power.